Truman Medical Centers
With two acute care academic hospital locations, a behavioral health program, a long term care facility and multiple primary care practices, Truman Medical Centers (TMC) provides care from birth through your senior years.
Our peers have recognized TMC's commitment to quality and awarded us various honors. They include:
- Designation as Top Five Teaching Hospital. The University HealthSystem Consortium (UHC) recognized TMC's contributions in 2005.
- Gold status in treatment of heart failure, heart attack and pneumonia care. Awarded this designation in 2004 by Missouri's Medicare Quality Improvement Organization as part of its Primaris Quality Partner program.
- One of the nation's Most Wired Hospitals. Recognition in 2004 by Hospitals & Health Networks.
- A Top 100 Hospital Performance Leader. TMC Lakewood joined Solucient's honor roll in 2004.
TMC Hospital Hill
TMC Hospital Hill is Kansas City’s only real downtown hospital. TMC Hospital Hill is the busiest Level One Trauma Center in the city. We provide the full range of services with specialties in chronic disease management, high risk pregnancy and sleep disorders along with the brand new state of the art Richard and Annette Bloch Cancer Center. For more information, please call 816-404-1000.
Sickle Cell Center at TMC Hospital Hill
At TMC, our goal is to help patients with sickle cell disease live life to the fullest. As the premier provider of sickle cell care in the region and Kansas City's only adult Sickle Cell Center, TMC Hospital Hill has long been at the forefront of improving lives of those living with the chronic challenges of sickle cell disease.
We provide a healing environment, individual attention and a strong support system for our patients—quality care unlike any other regional health provider. With a nurse by each patient's side, comfort is our utmost concern. During a crisis state, unlike an emergency department, the Center is able to treat our patients' pain more efficiently in a comfortable, quiet room, built to heal by design.
Our team creates an individual treatment plan for each patient, including a holistic approach to encompass long-term goals. The care is patient-centered and patient-focused, with complete attention on each patient's needs. Our staff knows each individual's medical history so we are better able to treat each patient's pain accordingly to their needs.
Patient-centered services include:
- Comprehensive medical inpatient and outpatient treatments, including annual exams, nutritional counseling, physical therapy, lab and x-ray evaluations and pain management counseling
- Patient waiting room and exam rooms decorated with color and light schemes that help stimulate healing and comfort
- Prompt treatment during a crisis state
- Individual treatment plans specific to the patient's age and disease stage
For more information about TMC's Sickle Cell Center, please call 816-404-5009.