- Coordination of service delivery for individuals with sickle cell disease
- Genetic counseling and testing
- Bundling of technical services related to the prevention and treatment of sickle cell disease
- Training of health professionals
- Expansion and coordination of education, treatment and continuity of care for individuals with sickle cell disease
Washington University School of Medicine (WUSM) will serve as the lead for establishing a collaborative network within Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas. The network members will work together, and with other organizations, to improve the delivery of care for people with sickle cell disease. WUSM will serve as sickle cell disease technical assistance center in the region and will collect and maintain sickle cell disease data for the region.